Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Leap of Faith

Preparing to make a leap of faith - in baby steps... I am all signed up to take a pre-retirement leave of absence for the next two years. At the end of that time, I'll be eligible for early retirement. This will be the first time I haven't earned my own living since I graduated from college. DH is completely supportive, excited, and has been campaigning for this moment for a LONG time. I'm very excited, and terrified, like the sleepless nights before going to sleep-away camp. What will life be like when I don't have to get up and go to work five days a week? What will life be like without my income? When will my creative juices get stirred up, and what form will the creativity take?
And mostly...what does the Lord want me to do with the time and energy that will be freed up in 55 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment